Club Details (English)
After School Club Details
Washington's PTA coordinates a wide variety of after school clubs. Partial scholarships are available to those who qualify for free or reduced lunch, but all scholarship recipients are expected to pay a portion of the class fee. Advance registration is required.
For any questions not answered by this website, contact our Clubs Coordinators, Allison Kamen and Adriana Fiori.
Spring Trimester (Apr - May 2020)
March 16, 2020
March 26th at 3:35 p.m.
Clubs are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to register
View details on clubs and register ONLINE with homeroom! (English)
The Daisies, Brownies, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Adventure Guides.
Dance Is My Everything (DIME) - a hip-hop dance class.
Evanston Y.O.U. offers free after school educational and enrichment opportunities for students in grades 3-5.
Traditional clubs that meet occasionally at Washington or off site. Each grade level is led by a different parent leader.
Club Policies & Procedures
- Don't miss the deadline: Please complete all registration forms and submit payment in the PTA Mailbox (front office) by the registration deadline. Allow an extra day if you send the forms/payment in your child's backpack since they're don't always make it to the office on the same day. Once the deadline has passed, students can only be added to a club at the club coordinator's discretion and only if the club has space.
- Morning Clubs: Drop off is at 8 a.m. but please do NOT park in the staff lot even for a quick drop off because it delays the staff. There's no need to come back to school; club instructors dismiss participants outside at 9 a.m.
- Afternoon Clubs: Remind your child the time and place of the club so he or she can go directly to the club after school. Teachers aren't typically available to walk children to clubs at dismissal. Pick up is promptly at 4:45 p.m. Enter through door No. 1, the main school office entrance, pick up your child and sign out with the club leader. Please don't wander around the hallways looking for your child. If you don't pick up your child by 4:55 p.m., club instructors are asked to call your listed "emergency contact" and if they can't be reached, the Evanston police. Repeat offenders may have students dropped from the club with no reimbursement.
- Kindergarten Parents: It's generally best to wait until the Winter Session to sign up for clubs; that way they've had a chance to adjust to the full day of school.
- Behavior Policy: Clubs participants are expected to follow the Washington Ways. If behavior issues arise and are persistent, the club provider will discuss the situation immediately with the parents to determine the best and safest outcome, which may include dismissal from the club without refund. This decision will be made at the discretion of the club provider, not the PTA.
- Scholarship: Families who are eligible for free or reduced lunch can request the scholarship. They must pay at least 50 percent of the club fee for each club they request.